Monday, August 23, 2010

Not a Moment Too Soon

A friend once told me that things happen for a reason. These reasons can be rather unnerving if one chooses to let it bring the worst in him or her. I know I did, several times in fact, and not so long ago at that.

We've all had our fair share of heartaches, big and small. But hey, things do happen for a reason and I happen to believe that God does not allow things we cannot handle happen to us. We are His children and we do need discipline sometimes... a lot of times. There are times when we question His reasons for allowing ill things happen to good people. In the end, God's judgment prevails and we ought to be able to discern just how much He loves us... for no matter how bad things become, we will all still remain in His good graces. We are, afterall, blessed to have been created in His image.

I am not exactly the type of person to preach. I am rather the opposite of that. I'd rather be one to lead by example rather than by unfounded words. For this moment, I am human. For this moment, I am fine. For this moment, I am living the kind of life that I know could be loads better than it is now but I am nonetheless unshaken for I know I am blessed... and doing far better than thousands of others.

The goodness of life cannot be measured by what we have materially. The song we keep in our hearts becomes an instant reminder of why we live and what we have to live for. It is different from person to person, I am sure of that. And the song changes every moment, minute, hour, day, or year.

The song changes, and not a moment to soon at that, for when the song becomes the light of our day we will be reminded that our lives are as rich as we deem it to be. Just as mine is, and yours will be, too, if you let your song set you free.

No comments: