Monday, August 23, 2010

Art for a Cause

A friend of mine lost her 7-year old son to a brain tumor last year. My fiance's father has been battling with a brain tumor for a number of years. Another friend currently residing in the US is going through the same ordeal.

I had opportunities long ago to gather fellow artists for causes that were bigger than us, and we were nonetheless able to make a difference no matter how small.

This time, I wish to take the opportunity to make even the smallest difference to get more attention to Brain Tumor research here in the Philippines and, if God grants it, even abroad.

I'm looking for fellow artists and enthusiasts to help me build on fundraiser productions (plays, exhibits, fun runs, concerts, anything!) that could spread awareness and gather more support for Brain Tumor research. I'm looking for people who want to help spread the word, and help gather more support for this endeavor. I hardly have the tools now but I soon will. It will take time, and I know my efforts may or may not pay off in the end, but I am determined to do what I can.

For Tito William C. Abbott...

For the late Jerome O. Peñaredondo...

For Alice P. Montemar...

And for numerous others who are waiting for help... for recognition... and for healing.

To God be the glory in this endeavor.

No comments: