Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tomorrow

Overcast are the skies, hiding the blinding rays of the noontime sun.
A little weary-eyed and listless, but the urge to forge on has just begun.
Contentment makes the exhausted drink in the sprinkle of hope for change.
Fulfillment drives those broken from despairing to holding on.

The sun will always be there, no matter how often it rains,
Just as the Father always keeps His eyes on His children.
Welcome the sunlight, as it warms the soul even through all kinds of heartache.
Welcome the rain as it quenches the thirst for love, no matter how empty one feels.

I have often stared into my reflection, seeing the empty shell I've been
After all the losses, the aches, the deception, the pain, the lies, the despair.
It is only when I look into the eyes of my children that I see the light of love,
And when Monday comes, I find myself stuck in the dark once again.

For once, I want each day to be filled with the morning sun.
For once, I want each afternoon to be filled with the wetting rain.
For once, I want to live my life beyond the weekends I get to spend with my family.
For the Lord reminds me that my children are mine as I am theirs.

I looked into the mirror today and found a secret smile in my eyes,
The smile only my angels know about, the one we keep to ourselves each time,
The smile no one else can see, except our Father who keeps us whole,
And I've decided to keep that smile, no matter what, so I'll be whole completely.

Contentment will not bring me far from merely overcoming my own heart.
Fulfillment will come from owning each day with that secret smile I keep inside.
Tomorrow is a new day, and a new day will be met with grace and blessings,
For my Father will keep me and my children, and we'll always be one.

No comments: